Thursday, December 21, 2006

Apparently I've Been Tagged!

I've been hit! So, six (6) things that are odd about me... Hmm, let me see.
  1. I am ridiculously anal about formatting source code at work. It drives me batty when code blocks/braces don't line up nicely, so much so that I'll reformat the code so things look all pretty. On the plus side, people don't hate maintaining my code. My old boss used to find it hilarious.
  2. I have really good hearing (I can hear our cat creeping up the stairs at night when he's hunting for exposed extremities), but I sometimes have trouble listening to people talking. Like there's too much background noise or something. Not all the time, though.
  3. One of my teeth is smaller than the rest and grew in sideways. My dentist thinks I should leave it the way it is. She says it's a good luck charm. I also play with it with my tongue when I'm thinking, kinda like stroking a beard thoughtfully.
  4. I'm a really shy person at heart. All through high school I had a hard time making friends because of my inability to talk to people. At my last job I worked from home and started to get quite antisocial. I'd avoid hanging out in large groups and any situation where I might have to talk to someone. Thankfully, I got laid off and I got a job at a huge corporation so I have to talk to people all the time. I still have trouble initiating conversation unless it's with someone I know quite well, but I've gotten much better in the last year and a half.
  5. For some reason, one rule that has always stuck with me, all the way from elementary school, is that you shouldn't start multiple sentences in a row with the same word. I can't for the life of me remember when I was taught that, but I'll go out of my way to rework and reword entire paragraphs to avoid that. It makes writing technical briefs at work really fun.
  6. I may be mildly OCD. I always brush my teeth the same way in the morning, running through my mental checklist to ensure that I got all the different areas. At the mall, I'll park in the same area so I won't lose my car. I'll take the same way to a place, regardless of whether or not Tara finds a more efficient/quicker way to go. It actually makes me upset when I break those routines.
I've got more stuff, but the requirement was for only 6 things, so that's all you get! It appears that I've run out of people to tag... I'll hold onto the opportunity for awhile until I find an unsuspecting victim.

Oh, and you know that Twisted Sister video down below there? I got the album. They made an entire Christmas album, the whole thing is available to listen to on their site. It's 100% pure awesome.

1 comment:

OsakaOtaku said...

I see you've been hit too! You gotta find someone it hit soon. If you don't do it in 33.7 hours, your nuts will fall off and your cat will eat them. That's what the original letter said after the long list of CC: names.