Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Is It New Years Yet?

Woo, I'm back in Vancouver. Tara's still visiting her dad and sorting some stuff out, but they'll be down here before the weekend (hopefully tomorrow sometime). Surprisingly, the drive to and from Lloydminster wasn't too bad. Almost no snow (there was a bit heading into Jasper on the way that was gone when we came back) and light traffic. I guess people tend not to travel on Boxing Day and on whatever day it was when we came back. Overall, the trip was good, aside from the 3000km or so I put on the car in about a week.

Christmas was about as good as it was going to get. I got a remote control Zamboni (pics forthcoming since Tara still has the camera), a subscription to Jugheads Double Digest (sweet) and a bunch of other stuff. Apparently I may still have another present bar fridge for my desk at work still on the way, but it's gotta wait for Tara to get back.

Our townhouse was not broken into over the break, which made me happy, and my extra Wii controller/nunchuk came in the mail and was waiting for me at the post office. And to top it all off, the Canucks beat the Flames tonight, their fourth straight win and third straight against Calgary. Awesome. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Kiprusoff get scored on, except maybe seeing the Leafs lose. Iginla was also held pointless in the game, warranting a victory beer after the game.

So we're slowly moving past Tara's moms death, me more so than her, though, because she's still taking care of her stepdad. She'll be able to get back to her routine soon enough since he's going out to visit an old friend on Vancouver Island. I think that's going to help him lots, which is good.

Also, we should get our replacement TV this week. Then I can hook my Wii back up and start playing Zelda again, dammit (when Tara's not playing Rayman or Monkey Ball, that is)!

So look for pics of the trip in the coming days!

1 comment:

karaoke queen said...

God to hear you're back home OK. We are all moved into the new place and getting sorted there. We will be seeing you very very soon! I can't believe its already January!